Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cake Experiments!!

For Emily's birthday I made her a Little Mermaid Cake. I used a form to get the cake shape, but had to free hand draw her out...an artist I am not!!
It was actually 2 9x13 cakes with Ariel on top..so a double decker!

I made the cake for my mom-in-law's birthday. It was covered in hot pink fondant. This was my first time covering a cake in fondant.







This Minnie Mouse cake I made for Ella's 2nd birthday! Her hairbow and cheeks are made of pink fondant...also done free hand.



I have been experimenting with cake decorationg this summer and I am really enjoying myself. I am hoping to practice more and get better....it is so fun!!

2 comments:

Cosey Family said...

Meredith,
I think your cakes turned our WONDERFUL! Believe it or not my dad used to make these lind of cakes for me when i was little. He would free hand a lot of it too. He would stay up for hours squirting all those tiny drops on the cake. Thanks for the memory! You go girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Meredith,

Those cakes are fantastic!! I knew you were a great cook but didn't know about you being fabulous at baking too! Now I know who to contact when I need help. Needless to say my cakes usually collapse or are lopsided. I love your blog!! Love from a fellow Pep Mom,

Kerry Osborne